Your Ears Surprisingly Reveal A Lot About Your Personality
It is quite crazy and out there to think that people have worked out how to figure out a person based solely on their ears. So read on, and maybe you can start cold reading people using their ears.
1. Large Ears
Most people big really big ears tend to be very independent and strong to get to high places in life. This isn’t that surprising, or is it? To get through life being teased about how big your ears are means you must have a strong willed personality.
2. Small Ears
Going with the opposite of big ears, people with small ears tend to be a lot more self-conscious and sensitive if people notice their ears in particular. They end up over thinking everything instead of showing some spontaneity and believing in their gut feeling.
3. Long Earlobes
People with long earlobes tend not to be weighed down in any way because they are free spirited and they know happiness when they see it.
4. Ears lower than your eye line
People with ears lower than their eye line are very level headed people with a very relaxed and stable type of personality that keeps them out of trouble.
5. Sticking out
Ears that shat stick out mean you know how to live with and for happiness by keeping to your goals is your determination at succeeding, even with a regular job hours’ type of routine.
6. Triangle Shape
Having a beautiful and exciting type of shape to your ears means, well, you are a little insane. This can be a good thing, but you must remember to try and be happy every day.
7. Higher than your Eye line
With your ears being higher than your eye line, it Is a symbol of being closer to your brain which makes you a great intellectual and a person that is always curious about their surroundings or the world they live in.
See more: The Best Way To Unblock Clogged Ears Quickly With These Natural Remedies
Having clogged ears, which refers to a blockage in the ear canal, is very discomforting as it can affect your hearing capability and make you feel miserable. The reasons for the blockage can be a buildup of ear wax, sinus infection, water accumulation in the ear canal and allergies. As well as being annoying, a clogged ear can be quite painful. It’s important to treat it early.
If you have severe ear ache, bleeding or discharge from the ears, then consult a doctor immediately. If you have plugged ears due to other factors then you try some simple home remedies.
Home Remedies for Clogged Ears:
Remedies for Clogged Ear Caused due to Sinus or any other infection:
1. Alcohol and Apple Cider Vinegar
To destroy any kind of bacterial infection that may be causing clogged ears, you can use a combination of alcohol and apple cider vinegar. Its is an effective treatment as helps to drain out the mucous from the body.
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and rubbing alcohol.
- Lie down on your side and use a dropper to put a few drops of this mixture in the affected ear.
- To keep the mixture from spilling out, place a cotton ball in the ear and do not raise your head.
- Remain in the same position for few minutes. This process helps to drain out the fluid.
- Repeat as needed to get relief.
- Alternatively, normal vinegar can also be used.
Gargling with a hot salt water solution can help to drain out the impurities in your mouth, clear the sinus, cold, cough and other infections causing clogged ears.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to a glass of warm water.
- Pour a small cup of this solution into your mouth and gargle for about 20 – 45 seconds.
- Then spit it out without swallowing.
- Repeat this process twice a day.
Home Remedies for Clogged Ear due to Pressure:
3. Valsalva Maneuver
Valsalva maneuver is defined as the process of action where a person tries to exhale with their nostrils by closing the mouth. It will relieve stuffiness and pain in the ear.
- Close the mouth and pinch your nose.
- Now try to blow through nose till you hear a ‘pop’ sound in your ear.
- After doing this process, you are free to open the nose and mouth.
- Remember don’t blow too hard as this can damage the ear.
4. Jaw Wriggle
This is one of the simplest methods that helps to unblock the ears very effectively. You can do the process instantly at any time and place.
- Open your mouth widely.
- Wriggle your jaws by moving the opened mouth from side to side in quick and regular motion.
- Continue until your ears pop.
Home Remedies for Clogged Ears due to Ear Wax:
5. Olive Oil
Wax impaction refers to condition where the accumulated earwax hardens and stays in the ear canal. Olive oil will help soften ear wax so you can easily remove it.
- Gently warm some pure olive oil.
- Use a dropper to put a few drops of the lukewarm olive oil in the affected ear.
- Allow it to settle for 10 minutes so that the earwax becomes soft.
- Keep your head sideways and remove the oil and ear wax with ear buds. Do this very gently so you don’t hurt the delicate organ.
- You can also use baby oil or mineral oil in place of olive oil.
6. Warm Compress
Applying heat is the best way to soften the wax associated with colds or sinus congestion. The heat from a warm compress will help loosen congestion, unclog the ear and ease the pain. But make to avoid placing too hot compress as it can hurt the ear.
- Soak a clean cloth in warm water, wring out the excess water and then hold the washcloth over the affected ear for five to 10 minutes. This will help to ease pain and promote fluid drainage.
- Alternatively, you can wrap a hot water bottle in a thin towel and apply it to the clogged ear for five to 10 minutes to relieve the pressure and open up the clogged ear.
Inhaling steam is one of the simplest ways to get rid of clogged ears resulting from a cold. The steam will help thin and loosen the mucus, which in turn will give you relief from clogged ears. Steam can also help loosen earwax causing clogging.
- Pour hot water into a bowl.
- Add few drops of any essential oil like lavender, peppermint or tea tree oil and stir well.
- Place your face just above solution and cover your head with a towel.
- Inhale the steam slowly and continuously until your clogged ear opens up.
You can also take a hot shower for about 10 minutes to relieve clogged ears.
Tips To Prevent The Clogged Ear:
- Avoid placing extreme temperatures on the ear.
- A warm shower for 15 minutes can provide relief from blocked ears.
- Scuba diving or diving needs to be done slowly so the ears get used to the pressure.
- Do not do it if you are suffering from respiratory infections like asthma, cold, bronchitis, sinus, etc.
- Consumption of foods like garlic, onions, radish, jalapeno, pepper, chilies, etc. helps to provide relief from congestion.
- Warm soups soften the mucus to prevent the clogged ear. You can also have broths, tea or coffee, etc.
- Inhaling and exhaling gently through closed mouth and nostrils will help you unplug the ears.
- Yawning also helps to unblock the ears if it is caused due to pressure.
- When flying, suck a sweet or chew a chewing gum. Chewing gum opens up the Eustachian tubes and relieves the excess pressure in the ears and opens up the clogged ears.
- Never use waterpik or any other mechanized water jet on the ear.
- Never scratch your ear drum with a finger nail to unclog it, as it will damage the ear drum.
- Make sure to consult your doctor (ENT) if there is a foreign object in the ear while removing the wax.