Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

17 Warning Signs Of Mold Illness (And How To Tell If You Are At Risk)

Mold poisoning can be a dangerous thing. Sometimes you can’t see it or smell it but if it is already present in your house maybe it is the reason why you are feeling sick. And if you visit your doctor and ask for help, you probably would not get it because medicine does not consider mold exposure as danger.

In this article we are going to show you the most common warning signs and symptoms of mold illness and how to tell if you’re at risk. And yes, the most important thing – we are going to show you how to protect yourself.

What’s mold – mold is a fungus that develops in the form of multicellular filaments called hyphae. You should also know that molds reproduce by creating tiny spores that fly in the air and are invisible to the naked eye. The mold spores are omnipresent in the biosphere and are part of the dust in our homes and working places.

Many experts around the world say that the mold spores usually grow in the bathrooms, in rooms that are not well-ventilated, in water-damaged buildings and they can attach to shoes, clothes, furniture, carpets, books, papers, and even pets. They also say that mold produces mycotoxins, toxic chemicals that can prevent protein synthesis, damage macrophage systems, hinder particle clearance in the lung, and increase sensitivity to bacterial endotoxin.

Well, this means that you should be very careful, because excessive exposure to molds can be very harmful to humans and may lead to some serious health problems. The real problem is that most doctors will never diagnose mold illness because the conventional medicine firmly believes that exposure to mold does not represent a big risk for the health. And, as we said before, you should be careful and don’t ignore the warning signs mentioned below.

Let’s take a look at the main symptoms of mold:

  • Headaches
  • Tiredness and weakness
  • Memory problems and inability to concentrate
  • Brain fog
  • Blurry vision, red eyes, light sensitivity
  • Coughing, shortness of breath, sinusitis, asthma
  • Vertigo
  • Constant weight gain despite effort to lose weight
  • Tremors
  • Muscle cramps and pain in the joints
  • Nerve pain
  • Tingling sensation and numbness
  • Pain in the abdomen, diarrhea, nausea, changes in appetite
  • Night sweats
  • Excessive thirst
  • Increased urination
  • Metallic taste in the mouth

 

The harmful effects of mold have been studied for more than 30 years and it has been discovered that mold is a combination of fungi which reproduce by creating small spores that sprout and fly away and the naked eye cannot see them. It thrives in damp, humid, and warm areas, for example, Nevada and Arizona, and areas with lack of poor ventilation and areas prone to flooding or water leakage.

Other places where mold can appear are the bathroom, shower cabin, paper, carpet, on pets, shoes, books, etc. Mold can also circulate in the air system, therefore, regular replacement of the HVAC filters should be done on every three months or so.

Buildings that have been water-damaged encourage the formation of contaminants in the air and dust which form a toxic mixture of chemicals. It also leads to the formation of toxic ingredients known as mycotoxins that remain on fragments of mold released into the air. According to recent review, sinuses may be the cause of persistent mold disease.

Mold toxicity is classified as a biotoxin illnesses and it’s known as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome. According to the author of Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings, R. Shoemaker, MD, this disease is a chronic and acute inflammatory response following the exposure to the interior environment of a water-damaged building, which includes, but it’s not limited to fungi, mycobacterium, bacteria, etc. He also added that nearly 24% of the world population is genetically prone to mold toxicity due to an immune response gene. Thus, they have an increased risk of mold disease.

Mold illness from water-damaged building is a serious health problem because it’s a condition of chronic inflammation due to a weakened immunity which cannot heal on its own and if left untreated, it can cause other complications, as mentioned previously. Since the disease is built into the DNA, when it gets activated, the symptoms and the inflammatory response may last for a longer period of time.

If a patient meets the following criteria, he/she is diagnosed with CIRS:

  • Abnormalities documented by VCS tests
  • Genetic predisposition to biotoxin-related illness
  • History and symptoms of biotoxin exposure
  • Biomarkers consistent with the neuroimmune, vascular, and endocrine abnormalities specific to CIRS

If you suspect exposure to mold and if you experience some of the symptoms we’ve mentioned earlier, you should do more research on mold disease, you need to test mold presence in your home which can be done with an ERMI test or you can hire an environmental professional. What’s more, you should examine your susceptibility to mold disease with the help of a clinician who is trained in the Shoemaker Protocol.

Source: healthylifetricks.com, healthtipsportal.com

====

See also: 

8 Early Warning Signs Your Kidneys Aren’t Working As Well As They Should

The kidneys are vital for the body and they are in charge of many essential processes. Cleansing and detoxification of the system is their major function, because they produce urine and filter the blood.

The kidneys eliminate the excess fluid and waste, support bone health, increase the number of red blood cells, regulate the blood pressure and balance the electrolytes.

If some function is compromised, the whole body is at great risk. It is very important to know to recognize the symptoms of kidney disorder.

Here are some of those signs:

#1 Fatigue: 

When your kidneys are healthy they produce a hormone called erythropoietin which is in charge of increasing the number of red blood cells. If they don’t produce enough of this hormone the red blood cells count drops and it manifests through fatigue and brain and muscle problems. This can also be a symptom of anemia so consult your doctor and see what’s the problem.

#2 Pain: 

Pain in the kidney surrounding area is typical symptom of urinary tract infection and kidney stones.

#3 Dizziness and poor concentration: 

Severe anemia and kidney failure can lead to insufficient oxygen flow to the brain which leads to dizziness, memory problems and poor concentration.

#4 Metallic taste in your mouth: 

Bad breath and changes in the taste of the food is cause by the accumulation of waste in the blood. Poor appetite and metallic taste in the mouth are some of the symptoms of kidney damage.

#5 Skin rashes: 

If your body is overloaded with toxins because your kidneys aren’t functioning properly you’ll experience dry skin and rashes. You can’t fix this by topically applying lotions and creams because the problem comes from the inside.

#6 Shortness of breath: 

When there is a limited supply of oxygen in the body, shortness of breath can appear. Moreover, the fluid which cannot be eliminated, builds up in the lungs. Often, this condition is associated with asthma and heart failure.

#7 Swelling: 

If the function of the kidneys is compromised, the excess fluids stay in the body and lead to swelling of the joints, limbs and face.

#8 Urine changes: 

Kidney damage is most commonly manifested through urine changes like dark urine or pale urine, urinating less than usually or more than usually, foamy urine, frequent needs to urinate during the night, pain and pressure while urinating and so on.

Source: healthycures.org, organicsolutionsportal.com