Native Americans Left A Code Of 20 Rules For Mankind To Live By
Every great person, regardless of culture, religion, tribe, or ethnicity, follows certain words of wisdom.
Great people nourish their culture, tribunal heritage, religion even ethnicity by following their ancestors’ words of wisdom. These words depict the differences that exist among people.
They are regarded as a code of living that shapes people’s character thus making each culture extraordinary, unique and unrepeatable. It is believed that one of the most spiritually developed and character forming codes is The Native American Code of Ethics.
This code was first published in October 1994 in the Inter-Tribal Times. The Code of Ethics is a fascinating tool that conveys knowledge and teaches everyone regardless of nation or religious belonging how to live the best life. The teachings presented in this Code can also be traced in other beliefs and faith.
The Native American Code of Ethics
1. Pray with the rise of sun. Pray often and alone. If you speak, the Great Spirit will hear.
2. Do not judge those who have lost their path. A lost soul is a soul of ignorance, anger, greed, conceit and jealousy. Pray for them to find the light which will be their guidance.
3. Search and be yourself. You make the path you walk on. Do not let other people do that for you. It is no one else’s road but yours. They can walk with you but they will never walk for you.
4. Give your guests the best welcome when at your home. Show respect and honor towards your guests. Give them the best treatment ever, the best food and best bed.
5. Take nothing yours whether given by person, community, wilderness or culture. If you have not earned it or you were not given then it is not yours.
6. Respect all things on Earth – people and plants.
7. Consider and honor other people’s wishes, words and thoughts. Always be polite. Do not interrupt, mock or be rude to other people. Every person has the right to express themselves personally.
8. Never speak bad things about others. The radiation of negative energy is like boomerang. What you give you will receive. The negative energy which you spread the universe will multiply and return it to you.
9. Forgive people’s mistakes since all persons make mistakes.
10. Be positive. Practise thoughts of optimism because bad thoughts lead to illnesses of the body, mind and spirit.
11. Be part of nature. Nature does not function for us. Animals, plants and all living creatures are your family in this world and you are theirs.
12. Children are the creators of our future. Nourish them with love, wisdom and life lessons. Let them grow by giving the space they need to flourish and spread the love in their hearts.
13. Do not cause pain in the hearts of others. Do not sow the seeds of pain because the poison of this pain will return to you.
14. Always be honest. Being truthful and choosing honesty as your guidance is a test of your will in this universe.
15. Be balanced. Strength, purity and health should be the main components of your mental-spiritual-emotional-physical self. Do exercise and thus strengthen your mind. Grow spiritually wealthy and thus heal all emotional troubles.
16. Make conscious decisions regarding your being and actions. You are responsible for your actions.
17. Show respect towards other people’s privacy and personal space. It is forbidden to have contact with the personal belongings of other people – in particular religious and sacred objects.
18. Be true to yourself. Care and encourage yourself first then do the same for others.
19. Never disrespect other people’s religious beliefs. Do not impose your religious belief on others.
20. Give a portion of your good fortune to others. Take part in charities.
We may differ in many ways – in culture, religion and faith. However, we all live together on this piece of land, in this universe. We do not own the Earth nor are we its conquerors or destroyers. We are merely its protectors.
See also: Holding Hands With Your Partner More, Here’s Why Scientists Say It Is Amazing for You.
Human beings crave physical contact and, whether it is through a huge bear hug, the interlinking of hands, or something more intimate, physical contact with the people we love makes us feel safe, content and it builds stronger bonds. Holding hands also reduces stress, so it is good for your blood pressure and your heart too. Apart from anything else, holding hands with your partner just feels nice and it shows your partner, and the rest of the world, just how much you love them. So, don’t be shy about linking hands public, because it could do a lot more for you than you think. Here are ten reasons why couples should hold hands more often.
1. It can relieve pain
Physical contact with another person causes the releases of feel-good hormones in the body that can reduce pain and that’s why mum’s cuddles when you scraped your knee really did make the pain go away. When your hand is wrapped in your partners, it’s not just the comforting feeling that makes you feel better; it can actually boost your ability to cope with pain.
2. It reduces stress
The simple act of holding hands with your partner will also reduce your stress levels. The connection that holding hands makes tells the brain that you are sharing the task of looking out for danger with another person, so your mind knows that it can relax a little bit. It has been proven in scientific studies that holding hands with a loved one makes people feel calmer and more secure.
3. It lowers bold pressure
Those feel-good hormones that holding hands releases will also help to keep your blood pressure under control. They combat the stress hormones, lower your blood pressure and that will help your immune system work more efficiently too.
4. It cements the bond between you
Holding hands, like any form of touching, causes the release of oxytocin, which is a hormone that creates a bond between two people. It has been known for some time that oxytocin plays an important part in the bonding of a mother with her child and it has now been shown that it can also bring two adults closer together and cement the bond in a relationship.
5. It reduces fear
Holding hands with your partner reduces anxiety and fear and it enables you to face things that you might not be able to face alone. It’s those feel good hormones doing their work again. They create a sense of wellbeing, even in frightening situations, which is why people reach for another person’s hand in a crisis.
6. Holding hands is nice
Holding hands can lower your blood pressure, it’s good for your heart, and it makes the bond between you and your partner tighter but, perhaps more important than all of that, it’s just nice! Hand holding is a way you can say I love you, in full view of everyone else, without having to say a single word, or getting embarrassed. It’s a public display of affection that no one can be offended by, and it’s a lovely way to show your affection for one another.
See also: The Perfect Guide: 8 Must-Know Tricks To Make Your Perfume Last All Day
Almost every girl loves wearing perfume. This little “detail” of feminine charm can make us feel more confident and add a touch of sophistication to our overall image. But how to make your perfume scent last longer? Well, there are many tips and tricks, than can help prolong the presence of your wonderful fragrance. Let’s look at some of these perfume beauty tips right now:
1) Store your fragrances in right places.
Protect your perfume from it’s enemies: humidity, heat and light. Store your fragrances in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight. Also, buy your perfumes in spray bottles, it will help to avoid fragrance evaporation and chemical reactions with the air.
2) Moisturize your skin before applying your fragrance
Did you know that perfumes last significantly longer on oily skin, than on dry one? Well, this is a scientifically proven fact. Many people see oily skin as a problem, but when it comes to longer lasting perfume wear – it’s an absolute blessing! Therefore, if you have dry skin, moisturize it before applying your perfume (use a fragrance free moisturizer); it will help your scent last a lot longer.
3) Spray your perfume instead of rubbing it.
It’s not recommended to rub your perfume into your body, because rubbing can can “crush down” the molecules of your fragrance, making your scent become absolutely different from what it was intended to be on the first place. Instead, spray your perfume, keeping the bottle about 15-25 cm from your skin. A light spray will distribute the odor evenly and will help your perfume stay true to it’s original scent.
4) Apply your perfume before you dress up.
Well, there are couple of reasons why this method is the best. First of all, some perfumes can stain certain kind of clothes. Second reason is that, if you apply your perfume directly on your body, it will be “activated” by your natural heat and thus, your fragrance will stay on for significantly longer period of time.
5) Play and layer your fragrances.
Did you know that you can layer fragrances to make them last longer? You can vary the concentration of your scent according to the situation. Experiment, play, create your own custom made perfumes…but remember – don’t layer more than two (or maximum three) scents at the same time, because you don’t want people to smell you in another part of town, when you hardly just went out of the door…Also, make sure to match the application of product to it’s concentration, intensity and heaviness. For example, perfume, eau de toilette, body mist and cologne all have different concentration of essential oils. Perfume is the highest, then goes l’eau de toilette, etc…Keep this in mind!
6) Where should I spray my perfume?
Best places to apply your fragrance are the pulse points of your body. Let me explain: pulse points are the areas of your body, where you can feel the heart rate through blood vessels that are located close to the skin. Therefore, apply your perfume: behind your ears, at the base of the throat, inside your wrist, inside your elbow and behind your knee. This way your perfume will last longer.
7) Spray some perfume on your hairbrush.
If you want to make your perfume last longer, spray a little bit of it on your hair brush and run it through your hair; this way, every time you move or walk past someone – a wonderful scent will be liberated…
8) Chose intense base notes in your perfume.
If you want your perfume to last longer, make sure to chose your scent the right way. Perfume’s base notes or, in other words, base scents are usually the most dramatic and longest lasting. Just like music, perfume is composed with different notes or scents. Here are some of the most commonly used base notes that last for longest period of time: woodsy, patchouli, vanilla, frankincense, pine, cedar, etc.
I hope you found these perfume beauty tips useful. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment.