Be Your Own Dentist! Here Are Tricks To Remove Tartar Buildup At Home
Nobody likes going to the dentist, but unfortunately we all have to from time to time. Mostly to get those nasty tartar and plaque build ups cleaned because if you don’t they can cause periodontitis.
However, most people don’t know that to remove tartar build up you don’t have to go to the dentist, you can do it at home and save yourself the time and money a trip to the dentist would require.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baking soda
- Dental pick
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Antiseptic mouth wash
The best natural solution for tartar removal is baking soda and we’ll show you step by step how to do it. It’s very simple and easy.
Take a cup and in it mix a tablespoon of baking with ½ teaspoon of salt. Take your toothbrush and rinse it with warm water before dipping it in the mixture you’ve prepared. Brush your teeth for 4-5 minutes and spit.
Mix a cup of hydrogen peroxide with ½ cup of warm water and rinse your mouth with this solution for one minute. Spit it out and rinse with cool water.
Take the dental pick and rub the yellow tartar buildup from your teeth. Be gentle and avoid scraping the gums so that you won’t irritate them.
Rinse your mouth with antiseptic mouth wash every second day.
If you want a beautiful, shiny smile without costly procedures here are a few extra tips:
Strawberries and Tomatoes
Both tomatoes and strawberries are rich in vitamin C which is excellent for good oral health. Rub them on your teeth and leave them on for 5 minutes. It will often the tartar buildup and make it easier for elimination. Then rinse your mouth with a solution of baking soda and warm water. The same can be done with other fruits and veggies rich in vitamin C, bell peppers, lemons, berries, papaya, oranges and lime just to name a few.
A piece of Swiss or cheddar cheese before a meal can have a beneficial effect on your oral health because it will neutralize the acids that cause tartar and prevent it from building up on your teeth.
In addition to these you should always:
– Brush your teeth with a soft brush in a vertical movement. Always clean the space between the gums and teeth.
– Flossing is a must for good oral health
– Hot (chili) food triggers the salivary glands to excrete more saliva which cleanse the mouth naturally.
– Before you go to bed rub your teeth with an orange peel and don’t rinse. This will prevent bacteria from multiplying and protect your teeth during the night.
Remove Plaque From Teeth In Just 2 Minutes With This DIY Mouthwash
You might not be aware of the fact that oral health actually determines your overall health. One of the vital parts of the procedure for oral hygiene consists of using mouthwash.
It reduces the presence of plaque, while reaching and fighting bacteria that escaped dental cleaning at the same time. It is actually the final step in the removal of bacteria and germs. Moreover, it leaves the mouth clean and the breath fresh.
It is known that cavities can be cured with proper care and a healthy diet.
These are the advantages of using a homemade mouthwash:
- It is inexpensive- You can make your own homemade mouthwash and still get marvelous effects.
- You control the ingredients: You can remove tartar with completely safe and natural ingredients.
- No Chemicals: Commercial mouthwash products are loaded with numerous additives like harmful chemicals, colorants, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and flavorings.
Today, we will reveal the recipe of an effective, inexpensive, homemade mouthwash, based on baking soda, which will help you remove tartar and get a white and healthy smile.
Sodium bicarbonate is definitely one of the most potent best cleansers and it can be used in various ways, including for maintaining oral hygiene.
It has powerful bleaching and stain removal properties, so it is often used for teeth brushing. Also, it has antibacterial capacity that eliminates tartar and microbes which are the cause of cavities and bad breath.
This is how to prepare this mouthwash:
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup hydrogen peroxide (hydrogen peroxide)
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup warm water
You should combine the salt and baking soda, and then wet the toothbrush in some warm water. Spread the mixture above it, and rub the teeth. Then, spit it. Repeat this for two minutes.
Next, mix the hydrogen peroxide with the warm water, and use this solution to rinse the mouth for a minute. Expel it from the mouthwash.
In the end, use a toothpick to remove the tartar from between the teeth. Rinse with cold water.
Repeat this twice a week. And also we recommend you to do oil pulling every day.
- Remember that you should never swallow mouthwash, as it might contain harmful ingredients.
- For optimal oral health, make sure you brush the teeth at least three times daily with good quality toothpaste.
- Spicy food stimulates the work of salivary glands, and saliva naturally sanitizes the oral cavity.
The Best Way To Naturally Remove Plaque And Whiten Your Teeth Without Expensive Treatments
Dental plaque is a sticky film of bacteria that forms on our teeth. It’s a colorless deposit at first, but then it goes brown or pale yellow. Dental plaque is also known as microbial plaque and if it is not removed can cause tooth decay, gingivitis, inflammation or gum diseases.
Plaque control and removal can be achieved with correct and regular tooth brushing. Also, there are some home remedies that can help you get rid of the build-up plaque and whiten your teeth.
Coconut oil is an extremely beneficial natural oil that offers a myriad of health benefits, including supporting oral health. Its potent qualities can help you prevent dental issues and maintain a healthy and white smile.
Baking soda is also highly effective in whitening the teeth and eliminating plaque. It reduces a number of dangerous bacteria as it neutralizes the acids in the oral cavity.
According to a 2008 study published in The Journal of Clinical Dentistry, which analyzed 5 clinical studies, baking soda paste or powder is far more efficient in eliminating plaque than all the other non-baking soda products.
Yet, note that its excessive use might damage your enamel, so it is best to use it moderately.
The following natural paste recipe will remove plaque formation:
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin (unrefined) coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil (for example, peppermint oil)
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous paste. Add a few drops of any essential oil (optional).
How to use the paste:
Dip your toothbrush into the paste and brush your teeth twice daily.
Here are some natural recipes that are also very effective in removing or preventing plaque if used once or twice a week:
- Mix a tsp. of salt and 2 tbsp. of baking soda, and gently brush your teeth with this homemade paste.
- Mix a tsp. of baking soda with some hydrogen peroxide, and brush your teeth and gums. Then, spit it out and rinse the mouth well.
- You can simply put a bit of baking soda on the wet toothbrush, and brush the teeth. Then, rinse the mouth with lukewarm water.
Source: womendailymagazine.com, healthyfoodhouse.com