The Wife And The Window
There was a newly wed couple. They bought an apartment and started living there. The wife used to keep a critical eye on everyone. From the window of their dining hall they could clearly see their neighbour’s apartment located at their back side.
One day while both the husband and wife were having breakfast, the wife saw that their neighbours had washed their clothes. She could see the clothes left to be dried in the sun. “They do not wash their clothes properly,” she said to her husband “Oh they should send their clothes to the laundry, or should change their detergent. I can’t imagine how will they put on these unclean clothes.”
Husband gave a glance at the clothes but stayed quiet and continued his breakfast. It became a regular habit of the wife to criticize the neighbors whenever they washed their clothes. She would say to her husband that I really wish I could talk to them about their washing and recommend them to get their clothes cleaned at a laundry or if they want to do it themselves then they should learn how to wash clothes neatly … and so on. She would not stop criticizing.
After a month, the wife was surprised to see the neat and clean washing of the neighbours and said to her husband, “Look, finally they have learnt how to wash clothes. Thank God their clothes are clean today but I wonder who taught them so. May be they changed their detergent …”
The husband looked deep into the wife’s eyes and said, “Today I woke up early in the morning and wiped that window of our dining hall from where you view the neighbour’s house.”
Similarly, in our daily life we keep a critical eye on others but actually our own window is not clean. We hold others responsible but actually our own perception is wrong. Before criticizing anyone, think once … isn’t there anything good in it that I can think and talk about? We should think positive and look at the bright side of the picture. We should always check our own window first before creating an opinion about anyone. The way we look at the things depends entirely upon our own mindset. If our own window is clean, we will find beauty in everything.
Best Marriage Advice Ever By A Dad To His Son. This Is Gold!
When I consider what type of advice is the best to give, I have to say marriage advice. Why? Because your spouse is who you spend your entire life with. They are the ones who endure every hardship, failure and struggle with you. They are by your side for success, growth and blessings. You lean on each other, rely on each other and make a life together.
A marriage is a partnership and if you nurture it, it can be the most powerful thing in your life. It can give you comfort and hope and stability when the rest of the world can not.
WORDS FROM A FATHER TO A SON ABOUT MARRIAGE.
1. My son, if you keep spending on a woman and she never asked you if you’re saving or investing, and she keeps enjoying the attention, don’t marry her.
2. My son, a woman could be a good wife to you, some could be a good mother to your children but if you’ve found a woman like a mother to you, your children and your family, please don’t let her go.
3. My son, don’t confine the position of your wife to the kitchen, where did you get that from? Even in our days, we had farm-lands where they worked every morning . . . that was our office.
4. My son, if I tell you that you’re the head of the house, don’t look at your pocket; look if you will see a smile on your wife’s face.
5. My son, if you want to have a long life, let your wife be in-charge of your salary, it will be difficult for her to spend it when she’s aware of the home needs and bills to pay but if it’s in your care, she will keep you asking even when all has been spent.
6. My son, don’t ever beat your woman, the pain in her body is nothing to be compared to the wound on her heart and that means you may be in trouble living with a wounded woman.
7. My son, now that you’re married, if you live a bachelor kind of life with your wife, you will soon be single again.
8. My son, in our days, we had many wives and many children because of our large farm-lands and many harvests, there are hardly any land for farming anymore, so embrace your woman closely.
9. My son, under the big tree that I did meet your mother could be your eateries and restaurants of nowadays, but remember, the closet thing we did there was to embrace each other.
10. My son, don’t be carried away when you start making more money, instead of spending on those tiny legs that never knew how hard you worked to get it, spend it on that woman that stood by you all along.
11. My son, when I threw little stones or whistled at the window of your mother father’s house, to call her out, it was not for sex, it was because I missed her so much.
12. My son, remember, when you say your wife has changed, there could be something you’ve stopped doing too.
13. My son, your mother, she rode the bicycle with me before I bought that tortoise car outside there, any woman that won’t endure with you in your little beginning should not enjoy your riches.
14. My son, don’t compare your wife to any woman, there are ways she’s enduring you too and has she ever compared you to any man?
15. My son, there is this thing you people call feminism, well, if a woman claim to have equal right with you in the house, divide all the bills into two equal parts, take one part and ask her to start paying the other part.
16. My son, I met your mother a virgin and I took more yams to her father, if you don’t meet your wife a virgin, don’t blame her, what I didn’t tell you is that our women had prestige.
17. My son, I didn’t send your sisters to school because I was foolish like many to think a female child won’t extend my family name, please don’t make that mistake, the kind of female achievers I see nowadays has made the male-gender an ordinary tag.
18. My son, your mother have once locked up the cloth I was wearing and almost tore it because she was angry, I did not raise my hand to beat her because of a day like this, so that I can be proud to tell you that I never for once beat your mother.
19. My son, in our days, our women had more of natural beauty, though I wouldn’t lie to you, some had minor painting of their appellation mostly on their arms, the ones you people now call tattoo, but don’t forget that they didn’t expose any part of their body like your women of nowadays.
20. My son, your mother and I are not interested in what happens in your marriage, try to handle issues without always coming to us.
21. My son, remember I bought your mother’s first sewing machine for her, help your wife achieve her dreams just as you’re pursuing yours.
22. My son, don’t stop taking care of me and your mother, it’s a secret of growing old and having children to take care of you too.
23. My son, pray with your family, there is a tomorrow you don’t know, talk to God that knows everything, everyday.
Three Old Men
A woman came out of her house and saw three old men with long white beards sitting in her front yard. She did not recognize them. She said, “I don’t think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat.”
“Is the man of the house home?” they asked. “No”, she said. “He’s out.”
“Then we cannot come in”, they replied.
In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened. “Go tell them I am home and invite them in,” he said.
The woman went out and invited the men in. “We do not go into a house together,” they replied. “Why is that?” she wanted to know. One of the old men explained: “His name is Wealth,” he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, “He is Success, and I am Love.” Then he added, “Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.”
The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. “How nice!” he said. “Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!”
Image result for a woman came out of her house and saw
His wife disagreed. “My dear, why don’t we invite Success?” Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: “Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!”
“Let us heed our daughter-in-law’s advice,” said the husband to his wife. “Go out and invite Love to be our guest.”
The woman went out and asked the three old men, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other two also got up and followed him.
Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: “I only invited Love, why are you coming in?” The old men replied together: “If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would’ve stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!”