It is a well-known fact that hemp/cannabis has been made legal in USA and in many other countries of the world. Initially people were little apprehensive regarding the fact as cannabis has always been regarded as a banned drug as it can make one feel ‘high’ and it is highly addictive. But things are not like that. Hemp or cannabis contains various kinds of components and two most important ones among them are cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). While THC is the component, which makes one feel ‘high’, CBD is considered to have medicinal and therapeutic effects. Moreover, CBD does not have any kinds of intoxicating properties and is extremely safe to use.
Table of Contents
Different formats in which CBD is available
Basically if you are looking for CBD for anxiety, depression, pains and aches, inflammation, insomnia etc. you can choose from three main kinds of CBD available. They are as follows:
- Isolates – This form is probably the purest form in which CBD is available. In the isolate format, smallest trace amounts of contaminants or THC are not present. This format is great and convenient for accurate dosing. Also, isolates tend to dissolve easily in carrier oils.
- Oils –CBD oil is obtained from extracting the oil from hemp or cannabis. Then some kind of carrier oil like hemp seed oil, coconut oil or olive oil is used for the process of dilution. The end product which is received is fit for utilization.
- Wax–CBD wax is quite popular and for this the extract is treated so that it solidifies and crystalizes. There are different forms in which the wax is available and it is known by different names like live resin, budder, shatter and crumble. This format is used via dabbing as it is an extremely concentrated potent form of CBD.
Different kinds of CBD products available
The wax, isolates and oils act as base ingredients for making different kinds of CBD products, which have specific usages. The properties of the products vary from one another. Some of the most important and prominent products are as follows:
- CBD tincture – CBD tincture is mainly CBD oil. So if you want to buy CBD oil, you can ask for tincture as well. The consuming of the oil is done in a sublingual manner by placing the tincture/oil under the tongue with the help of a dropper. Available in a small bottle, the tincture is either alcohol or oil carried form of CBD. The tincture is comprised of CBD isolate base or CBD extract, some kind of carrier liquid and optional additives like terpenes, flavors, sweeteners etc. There are many companies which have CBD oil for sale.
- CBD edibles –For making CBD edibles, an isolate or extract is added into various kinds of food products like chocolates, candies, gummies, brownies and cookies and so on. The way of taking CBD in this format is very interesting and safe and convenient. The concentration and potency of CBD varies from one edible form to another. Infact the effectiveness depends on the potency and concentration. If the edibles have high concentration of fats and oils, the CBD tends to get absorbed in the system more quickly. The absorption and effectiveness of CBD via edible format is processed through the liver, thus decreasing its concentration. CBD isolate is mainly used in the making of the edible products.
- CBD vape–Similar to normal vaping, CBD isolates or extracts are vaporized with a cartridge or traditional vape pen. CBD is quickly absorbed into the system because of high bio-availability which comes with the inhaled molecules. Another way of vaping is with use of vape oil, also referred to as e-juice or vape juice. CBD extract or CBD isolates are used in the vape juices along with thinning agents and flavors.
- CBD capsules or softgels–Available in pill-form, CBD capsules come either in the form of two-piece capsules or softgels. The capsules have to be swallowed and is made up of CBD extract. In many capsules, CBD isolates are also used. Along with this, there is a powder filler, oil carrier and other optional ingredients used in the making of these capsules or softgels.
Along with these forms, CBD is also available in the form of CBD isolate, CBD concentrate and CBD extract. Because of their great medicinal and therapeutic advantages, the market for CBD products are gaining rapid momentum globally. Reap the benefits of the products by choosing the form and variety which suits your needs and requirements in the best possible manner.