When a major vein disorder like Varicose Vein is in question, we tend to discuss mostly its complications, symptoms and cosmetic manifestations. We overlook the important discussion of how does a Varicose Vein affect our daily activities. The complications and symptoms of Varicose Vein do cause a great deal of distress and uneasiness and impact the daily routine and quality of life adversely. Below you will come across with full details on how does Varicose Vein affect our daily routine and to what extent.
Impact of Varicose Vein on Daily Routine and Quality of Life
Varicose Vein is the condition that adversely impacts the daily routine and activities of the patients in a different way. It causes unbearable pain and restricts the physical functionalities and social activities of the patients. Research has been conducted on several patients with Varicose Vein and over 90% of the patients have responded that they have difficulty in standing for long hours. Some of the other impacts include:
- Kneeling and crouching becomes difficult
- Some of the patients even experience sleep disruption because of the uneasiness and discomfort in their legs and ankles at night
- Patients with Varicose Vein also reported that their legs and ankles become weak and experience pain when climbing stairs, performing household jobs, working at an office, walking briskly or when engaged in some rigorous workouts
- 5% of the patients experience extreme pain and 14% of patients have severe pain, while 29% of patients have 29% of the pain. A moderate number of patients have reported that the pain in ankles and legs adversely impact the aspect of their daily life.
Varicose Vein is actually caused when the valves in your veins start malfunctioning. This malfunction causes the blood circulation to get collected and this maximizes the pressure in your ankles and legs. This pressure causes the veins to get larger, stretch, twist and swell. As a result, you experience unbearable pain which impact your mobility, standing, walking and sleeping quality.
What are the Treatment Procedures of Varicose Vein?
According to the medical professionals, the self care options which patients can do at their home can help them alleviate the pain associated with Varicose Vein. The common Varicose Veins Treatment includes:
- Medical grade compression stockings
- Laser treatment to close the Varicose Veins
- Minimal invasive procedures to take care of veins
- Microphlebectomy procedure to treat Varicose Veins and close the surface of skin and removed by a small incision, leaving behind no scarring.
- Sclerotherapy procedure which involves injecting a solution into Varicose Vein to reduce its size and make it vanish
These were some of the treatment options. When you see any symptoms of Varicose Vein it is necessary to see a doctor immediately.